- One (1) Tin can 3 5/16in x 2 9/16in x 15/16in, fits in a shirt pocket
- One (1) Ferro Rod is 5/16 in thick x 3in. last for 1000’s strikes. One (1) Striker 3″ in length may be grey, blue, or black in color
- One (1) Bag of fatwood chips/dust. A tin filled with hand-cut in USA fatwood sticks
- One (1) 36in a piece of jute soaked in soy wax, starts on fire quickly from Ferro rod sparks
- Each kit put together by hand for you, one at a time, in the seaside village of Ventura, California
Ships from the USA. American owed & operated. Tin full of 100% natural fatwood fire starting sticks, hand-cut in the USA. Jute soaked in natural hot soy wax, produced from soybeans by American farmers, 100% natural fatwood chips, plus a Ferro rod that lasts for 1000’s strikes and a 3″ striker. l have used this kit while backpacking the Pacific Crest Trail from California to Canada. You can start a fire very quickly in all kinds of weather. Fatwood has been in use since the 1600s to start fires. Naturally soaked in the resin of the tree. No chemicals are used here. Ignites instantly and burns very hot. Cut from dead pine stumps left after logging, we never cut live trees. Use to start a fire anywhere, campfires, wood stoves. Perfect for your survival kit, backpacking, bug-out kits, hiking, preppers, or camping. Fatwood never lets you down in emergencies….. Jute twine soaked in wax. Jute lights on fire very quickly with the sparks from a Ferro rod and is long burning, just cut off a 2in piece and fray the ends. Lights in all kinds of weather….. Fatwood chips save time, no need to make tinder it is already made for you. Each kit is put together by hand for you, in the seaside village of Ventura, California. Thanks for looking. See you out on the trail. Steve Kaeser
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.